**THE NEW WAVE - A historical collection of short films from the Winnipeg Film Group
“This collective curatorial … hopefully has reflected at least the essential spirit of the filmmaking community that has emerged in Winnipeg in nearly four decades – a compendium of individual works that have contributed to a collective and evolving whole.” (Cecilia Araneda, guest curator)
DVD curated by Cecilia Araneda, Danishka Esterhazy & Solomon Nagler
Released in July 2012, THE NEW WAVE: The First Decade in a New Century, is the last of a six-DVD set celebrating films from the Winnipeg Film Group's Distribution Catalogue. Featuring 13 short films from the first decade of the 21st century, in some cases the filmmaker’s first or very early work, this DVD showcases the talented array of filmmaking styles and voices that have emerged from Manitoba in recent years.
FILM(knout) by Deco Dawson (10 mins, 1999)
The Lost Bundefjord Expedition by Matthew Holm (15 mins, 2000)
A Bit Transcendental by Patrick Lowe (5 mins, 2000)
Buenos Aires Souvenir by Sean Garrity (5.5 mins, 2001)
Unwoven by Cecilia Araneda (14 mins, 2001)
Embowered by Danishka Esterhazy (2 mins, 2002)
perhaps/We by Solomon Nagler (11 mins, 2003)
Asleep at the Wheel by Mike Maryniuk (2.5 mins, 2003)
Meskanahk (My Path) by Kevin Lee Burton (9 mins, 2005)
Isolating Landscapes by Heidi Phillips (5 mins, 2007)
INDIAN by Darryl Nepinak (2 mins, 2008)
Hydro-Lévesque by Matthew Rankin (16 mins, 2008)
IKWÉ by Caroline Monnet (5 mins, 2009)
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts, which last year invested $154 million to bring the arts to Canadians throughout the country.
CHOOSE THE DVD OPTION THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
HOME USE DVD - $20
For all other uses other than private, at home use you must select one of the following options. Thank you for respecting the filmmaker's rights.
- RIGHTS - Home viewing only, including home schooling.
- EXCLUSIONS - Screenings in front of a group in a workshop, classroom setting, or community setting are NOT included or permitted under this license. Any form of copying or altering of the format purchased is not permitted.
SINGLE SITE LICENCE - $65 (includes K-12 & Public Libraries)
- RIGHTS - Library and instructional use within a single school, small office, or hospital. Also used for home-viewing library copies.
- EXCLUSIONS - Circulating use outside the organization, institution, or office or to donate programs to other organizations or institutions are NOT included or permitted under this license for use. Any form of copying or altering of the format purchased is not permitted.
- PUBLIC LIBRARIES - For private, home borrowing use only. Please enquire about discounts for multiple copies purchased for branch libraries.
COMMUNITY - $90
- RIGHTS - This Licence applies to all non-profit and community groups wishing to screen the film in an educational setting with no admission charged to groups of no more than 50 people. Please contact us with any questions or if you wish to charge admission or screen to a larger audience.
Please note: Government offices are not considered community or non-profit groups
INSTITUTIONAL LICENCE - $285
- RIGHTS - Library and instructional use in a workshop or classroom setting or in a Government office. Circulation to multiple departments, institutions or offices within a jurisdiction such as schools within a school district or offices within a company is permitted.
- EXCLUSIONS - Any form of copying or altering of the format purchased is not permitted.